Somewhere in a place far from here a song was written.
And this song is the trick to making every single exercise you do into a ‘muscle burning/destroying routine’.
It starts like: ‘Bring Sally up, bring Sally down. Lift and squat
Gotta tear the ground’.
There are different ways to make your routines more difficult:
1. You can add weight (Usually done in the gym)
2. You can increase the number of reps (To increase cardio)
3. You can slow down the movements you make (To increase strength)
The trick of today focuses on the latter one.
By slowing down your movements and really feeling the burn within your muscles you will be able to make any easy exercise into a ‘killing routine’.
Of course by now you are wondering what this should look like.
Well after this post and actually doing the exercise you will never forget the name: ‘Sally’.
(Warning: Sally is not a real person, Sally has nothing to do with this song. Do not, I repeat do not get angry with Sally.)
Here are a few examples on the fury of Sally.
Bar Brother Push ups
Bar Brothers Squats
What makes this exercise so good?
1. You can do it with a group
2. You have a fixed rhythm to which you can adapt your pace
3. It burns like hell
4. It burns like hell (I already mentioned this one, but just in case you might forget)
Only the strongest will survive a Sally routine.
You can use this song for all exercises:
– Leg raises
– Push ups
– Pull ups
– You name it…
The ending of the song and your exercise.
Every time you feel like giving up, just imagine someone pointing a gun at your head and telling you, ‘One more damn time’.